Bike Stuff (Summer and Winter)
Here's a definition of a warm-up. About
17-18mph on the flats. Take it
easy on the hills. About 20 minutes. In other words
you shouldn't be going as hard as you can. Caution: Too
slow is dangerous as the people in the back of a big pack keep
running up on the front guys. Just take what the roads
give you during the warm-up
- 2017-18 Season:
Tuesday night (Mar
- Sept) a bunch of club members and others do a training ride from
in White Bear
- Depart at 5:45. Be ready to ride by 5:45
- 4 groups (Distance 30-50 miles depending on time of year)
- Fast - Average 22+ mph (10-15 riders) Pacelines
- Half-Fast - Average 19-20 mph (15-25 riders) Pacelines and a
- Qtr-Fast - Average 17-18 mph (5-10 riders, mostly
tri-athletes) Distance about 10 miles shorter, not much pacelining
- SE - Average 12-15 mph (5-10 riders, No drop) About half
distance, easy drafting
- We do a TT about once a month
- Every Tuesday night Nov - Mar: Ski instruction at Lake Elmo and Elm
- Fat Bike rides at night with headlights at Lake Elmo and other locations
MUST be a member of the
club to join the rides. One time guest rider is allowed.
read ride guidelines and paceline etiquette on the left. You
also have to join the Summer version of the Club if you're not a Winter member.
- Rudy Project.
Contact me for information on how to order glasses, goggles, helmets, etc.
- HED Cycling, a
world player in Professional Cycling, continues as a sponsor this year.
- Now Bikes and Fitness
has rides from their Arden Hills shop on Wed and Thursday.
- Skinnyski.com covers road and mountain bike event during the Summer
months. Check them out for event lists and results